Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Various Schemes

I have been neglectful to my blog, so here's a shoddy run-down of some happenings:

We're looking for a contest sponsor / partner company for our next contest (to begin in December). If you have a forward-thinking marketing operation and you're looking for new ways to connect with people on the web, then Contact Us.

Creating a Linkspank Toolbar has been interesting. I think the importance of toolbars is overrated, but I consider this is a worthy project. Related subject for the future: my experiences with oDesk.

Linkspank TV (www.linkspank.com/tv) launched with Episode 2 into people's inboxes this week. So far that project has gone great. We seem to be getting approval that we have the right basic concept, so the next step will be to make it even better.

We added a little feature: you can attach spanks to each other now. Like much of linkspank, it's a new spin on a classic idea of the web. To play around with this feature, click "Add..." in the menu of options under a link, then "Add Attachment".

Our PR genius search is going well. I've met some great people, learned a bit about what PR is, and tackled new issues around compensating people from a bootstrapped perspective. More to come.

Just a couple investors have gotten in touch with me. In those conversations and with the help of some folks at Chicago GSB (where I'm heading next week), I'm starting to develop my philosophy on whether/how/when/what Linkspank wants investment. Most people would never dare write about this... but ah, Linkspank is all about being daring. :-) (Don't worry investors, your identities are private!)

That's all that springs to mind at the moment. The contest is going well. Get your ass on there and get yourself to Hawaii! :-)