Wednesday, January 21, 2009

On using Twitter / what I'm doing

Twitter is best designed for providing a firehose of data about what
you're doing and thinking. That's what it's built to do with it's
short format and flexible alert system, and (unlike facebook) it's not
built to do anything else.

Why would anyone want to know what I'm doing and thinking eight times
a day? I have no idea. The main person who would is my mom, and she's
not on Twitter. But come to think of it, there are several people who
I'd like blow-by-blow accounts from.

You can "follow" someone without getting text messages about them on
Twitter, but I think this option is overused too. The main question is
whether you want to step up to the firehose at all.

Anyway, if you're interested in my firehose (!), you can find it under
bitchell on Twitter. If not: I understand.

--
Sent from my mobile device